Tuesday 15 July 2014

FASHION HAUL: Primark

It has felt long since I last posted, however spending near a week of travelling to Scotland and going to T in the Park - it is safe to say I have been preoccupied! The festival was unreal (with Calvin Harris being the obvious highlight!) and the weekend was perfect to share laughs in some great company. So after coming back from Scotland yesterday and having MAJOR festival blues... what better way to pick yourself up than a shopping trip to Primark! 

My opinion of Primark has changed more times than Taylor Swift's relationship status as Primark usually feels more like a jumble sale and my OCD immediately kicks in as I walk through the door; however, my love for the store was at an all time high today and I managed to pick up some great pieces! 

It saddens us all that Primark does not have an online shopping site yet so pieces can be hard to come across again; all the pieces were brought from the Oxford City Primark so all bits featured should be there! 

Comments and feedback is always appreciated - enjoy! X




Blue Drawn Crombie Coat - £23
Okay, so I know that we are in July but that does not mean that when I see a coat this good-looking I am going to walk away! With AW14/15 fast approaching, delicate colours are going to be a hit for outerwear - so this coat is going to be perfect! It is the classic boyfriend coat with poppers for buttons however I prefer my coats undone. The coat is almost like a very short-cut fur coat as it is so soft; for £23 I was glad to bring this baby home.




 Pink Strappy Cami - £10 reduced to £5
When I saw this dress, I thought it was almost like a 90's wannabe take on Rihanna's dress worn to the CFDA Awards. Of course it is not made from Swarovski Crystal, nor will I look anything like Rihanna - but a girl can dream. The dress is quite see through and was not something I realised until I got home (Primark's light deceived me!!) however for £5 you can't go wrong. This is something that is easily versatile between both day and night and fits in well with the 90's throwback trend happening now. 




Green Crepe Wrap Skirt - £10 reduced to £5
6 days out of 7 you will catch me wearing a dress or skirt so I like to keep variety on the ones I have; I always find that my bottoms can really fluctuate between sizes in Primark so I usually stick to tops from there. I found this lonely sucker mixed in with all the fitness gear and absolutely love what I can only describe as the "Quality Street Triangle" colour. It's vibrant without having a god awful neon tinge and the skater shape is flattering on my Himalayan hips. I was happy to find that when I got to the cashier, the skirt had been marked down by 50% - happy days!




Tie Dye Bikini Top - £6 // Tie Dye Bikini Bottoms - £4 // Zig Zag Bikini Top - £6 // Zig Zag Bikini Bottoms - £4
I would rather shove pins in my eyes whilst walking over hot coals than go swimwear shopping; it's awkward, it's tedious and you never look as good as Kim Kardashian in the changing room. Unfortunately if you are wanting to get some colour on your skin it is a requirement. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to bikini styles and what is a good bikini as opposed to a bad bikini so in a fast movement today, I picked up these two beauties and moved quickly onto the shoe section. Fortunately they fitted and I was quite happy - this still did not make the experience more pleasant! 




Laser Cut PU Shoes - £8
There are so many nice pairs of shoes in Primark at the moment so if you get the chance go see what they have to offer! I thought these shoes looked so cute and they reminded me of ones I used to wear to primary school. I'm not a massive fan of the jelly shoe as painful memories from wearing them as a child still haunt me to this day so these for me, are like an alternative! The shoes are really comfortable and for £8 they are something that I will be buying more of once this pair starts to wear through. Make these shoes a perfect throwback to primary school with frilly little ankle socks!



Twistlock Mini Pink Bag - £8
Ahh how cute?! Handbags are a definite weakness of mine and are something that I would willingly buy over food. I haven't got a mini bag however it is surprisingly spacious and can fit in more than meets the eye. A bag this size is perfect if you are going out for the day and you want to limit your to what you are taking out. They also do the bag in lemon, burnt orange and blue with purses to match so you can buy the whole set without feeling guilty!



Flower Ziptop Clutch - £3
I'm limited on clutch bags so when I usually go out, I tend to use only two that I do have... not anymore! The 3D flowers are a take on from the Burberry Prorsum trend and abode well with the monochrome that is guaranteed to move into the fall. The clutch can easily transition from day to night and is just the right size to use as an alternative to a handbag. 



Lasercut Make-Up Bag - £3
I hate wasting a lot of money on make-up bags as mine tend to usually break, rip, or get dirty easily however it was time I brought a new one. I love the lasercut detail on the bag and the bag is plenty big enough to carry all my face make-up in - and at £3 a bargain too!


Colour Vintage Midi Ring - £1.50


Midi Rings - £1.50
I love my junk jewellery and my over-the-top earrings but sometimes you need something a little more delicate. These midi rings were like something you would find in Miss Selfridge but for a fraction of the price with each pack coming to £1.50 each! 


No comments:

Post a Comment